Dr. Suzin Um attended Smith College in Massachusetts where she graduated with honors and was elected as a Fellow to the Sigma Xi Society. She also received the Mellon Mays Fellowship for research in bacteriology. Dr. Um received her Doctor of Dental Surgery from University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry and completed her postgraduate residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine where she received intensive training in the areas of maxillofacial trauma and reconstruction, orthognathic (corrective jaw) surgery, head and neck pathology, anesthesia, dentoalveolar and implant surgery. During her residency, Dr. Um served as a chief resident at Bronx Lebanon Hospital, Jersey City Medical Center, and Montefiore Hospital.
Dr. Um is an attending surgeon at the California Pacific Medical Center, St. Mary’s Hospital and St. Francis Hospital. She enjoys all aspects of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery including reconstruction, trauma and tmj surgery. She is a active in the San Francisco Dental society and serves as part of the membership committee. Dr. Um lives in San Francisco with her husband and two puppies Milo and Phoebe.
- Basic Life Support (American Heart Association)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (American Heart Association)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (American Heart Association)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (American College of Surgeons)
- Board Certified - Dental Anesthesiology
- General Anesthesia Permit (Dental Board of CA)
- San Francisco Dental Society
- California Dental Association
- California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology